Domestic Gas Safety Testing
Landlords must be able to provide their tenants with an up-to-date Gas Safety record.
By law, landlords must have all gas appliances serviced regularly, normally once a year by a gas safe registered engineer. The Gas Safe registered engineer will provide a Gas Safety record upon completion of the check.
What information does the Landlords Gas Safety record contain?
As a minimum, the record of a gas safety check must contain:
- description and location of each appliance and/or flue checked
- name, registration number and signature of the engineer who carried out the check
- date on which the appliance and/or flue was checked
- the address of the property at which the appliance and/or flue is installed
- the name and address of the landlord (or his agent where appropriate)
- any defect identified and any action required or taken to fix it
- confirmation of the results of operational safety checks carried out on the appliances.